So, I’m getting all these great veggies in my bi-weekly CSA share and sometimes it can be a challenge to eat all of the bounty. This month I have a lot of yellow summer squash. The first ones from two weeks ago, I sautéed with garlic and onions and we ate that with crispy chicken tenders. This week I got even more squash, but I wanted something different. And pasta. I wanted some carbs.
So I looked up recipes online and found this one: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/73021/summer-squash-chicken-alfredo/ but of course I didn’t have all the ingredients, and I adjusted it. This is what I did, and it came out really tasty.
1 chicken breast
1 large clove organic garlic
Half of an 8 oz. package of gluten free penne
1 organic yellow squash, cut up, seeds removed
1 handful of julienned smoky sundried tomatoes
1 cup grated cheese blend (parmesan, asiago, romano)
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
– Saute the chicken, garlic, and sundried tomatoes in Mojo sauce.
– Saute the squash in a pan with olive oil and coconut oil.
– Boil the pasta til done.
– Put everything into the biggest pan and mix together.
– Season with Trader Joe’s Himalayan Pink Salt and Rainbow Peppercorns.
– Garnish with organic sage and enjoy!